Learn why Wombat’s is the best choice for your group
Why Choose Wombat’s
Wombat’s Budapest is located in the heart of the city, on the ever-buzzing Király street. Historical sites,
like St. Stephen´s Basilica, the Grand Synagogue and the beautiful World Heritage Site Andrassy Avenue
surround the hostel.
Next to the hostel you will also find the famous shopping and entertaining location “Gozsdu Udvar”. If you
are looking for street food, traditional Hungarian restaurants or something a bit more international, then you
don’t need to go far. There are many options to choose from within a few metres of the hostel.
In less than a 5-minute walk you will reach famous bars in Kazinczy Utca and “Szimpla”, the party centre of
Just 300 metres away is the public transport station Deák Ferenc tér with 3 underground lines and various
bus and train lines.
Comfy rooms &
- Dorms for 4-8 people (av. 20sqm) with quality bunkbeds
- Private rooms for the leaders (av.17sqm)
- Enough availability to accommodate groups of various sizes
- Spaces for group meetings available
As well as the central location, we offer spacious dormitories and cosy private rooms for our groups. The dorms are equipped with large, secure personal lockers big enough to fit a large suitcase. Private rooms are fitted with personal safes. Each bed has its own shelf, light and plug-socket so you can sleep with your phone nearby and light your own space without disturbing the other guests. All our rooms come with a private bathroom – no need to worry about waiting in a corridor for the shower to free up. Do you need to meet with your group and present something on a screen, we’ve got you covered – ask us for more information
Easy way to book & stay
- Dedicated specialists for group bookings- we speak English and Hungarian
- Free cancellation until 4 weeks before your departure date
- Prepayment is required and eases your arrival day and check-in
- In need of recommendations for things to do, see and experience – we are happy to help!
Our professional and welcoming staff will support you from the very first contact until your check out. With over 9 years’ experience with groups, we guarantee a fast, efficient check in, a constant 24hr presence at reception staffed by a knowledgeable team, who will provide you with various recommendations depending on your needs
- All-you-can-eat breakfast buffet included in the group rate.
- Packed lunch available upon request.
- Dinner options upon request
We serve a delicious breakfast buffet every morning which will help you get on your feet before discovering the beauty of Budapest.
This is already included in the price when you book as a group. If you want something on the go, we can prepare packed lunches for a small fee. Should you require dinner, ask us for more information, we can organize it in a neighboring restaurants.
Wombat’s Budapest has been awared Most
Popular Hostel in Budapest at the HOSCAR
awards four times!
What else you should know
- We accommodate groups to dorms and offer private rooms only for leaders.
- Group rates are applicable for groups of over 15 people. If you are travelling with a smaller crowd, please check our availability here.
- We accept guests 16 years and over. During the Sziget festival, the age limit is 18+
- Bed linen is included, guests make their own beds
- Towels can be pre-ordered for groups for 2 EUR/towel/stay.
- Luggage can be stored in the luggage room free of charge.
- Group rates have limited availability
“Wombat’s” is your friend in the heart of the city. Our groups can go out by night safely and without getting lost. The staff is very helpful… and very patient, believe me :)
For 8 years now, we have been visiting the Wombats Hostel on Király street every autumn and based on domestic and international feedback we have made the right decision. An ideal location for transport, we always find clean rooms, the breakfast is plentiful and impeccable, and af ter returning home in the evening you can still have a drink at the bar. Helpful international, young people at reception. I hear tily recommend it to individual and group visitors to Budapest.
We have stayed in Wombat’s Budapest with out groups many times with more than 1000 travellers accommodated. Every time was better and better with the huge help of their wonderful staff led by
always smiling and helpful Veronika.
Ever y time they went over and beyond to help make our stays enjoyable and as smooth as possible. We had a group of 250 people, but their amazing ef for ts and organizational skills made it look like it a group of 5 people.
The rooms were always super clean and ver y comfor table. The hostel is an attraction itself since it is located in the gorgeous renovated building in the downtown, which you can take advantage of to walk to the cit y’s main sites.
The breakfast was delicious, and the lobby is super nice. I have stayed at dozens of hostels, and this one is the best in Europe for sure!
I highly recommend this hostel for anyone visiting Budapest.