Why choose Wombat’s
Budapest for your group?
Wombat’s Budapest is located in the heart of the city, on the ever-buzzing Király street. Historical sites like St. Stephen’s Basilica, the Grand Synagogue, and the beautiful World Heritage site Andrassy Avenue surround the hostel.
Next to the hostel you’ll find the famous shopping and entertainment area Gozsdu Udvar. If you’re looking for street food, traditional Hungarian restaurants, or something a bit more international, you don’t need to go far.
In just a short walk you’ll reach the famous ruin bars in the party centre of Budapest.
Although the city is very walkable, we also have excellent public transportation. Deák Ferenc tér station is a mere 300 metres from our hostel and connects 3 metro lines, and various bus and train lines.
Comfy rooms & common areas
- Dorms for 4-8 people (av. 20sqm) with quality bunkbeds
- Private rooms for the leaders (av. 17sqm)
- Availability to accommodate various sizes of groups
- Spaces for group meetings available
We offer spacious dormitories and cosy private rooms for our groups. The dorms are equipped with large, secure personal lockers big enough to fit a large suitcase. Private rooms are fitted with personal safes.
Each bed has its own shelf, light, and plug-socket so you can sleep with your phone nearby and light your own space without disturbing your roommates.
All our rooms come with a private bathroom – no need to worry about waiting in a corridor for the shower to free up.
Flexible booking & comfortable stay
- Dedicated specialists for group bookings: we speak English and Hungarian
- Free cancellation until 4 weeks before your arrival date
- Efficient check-in due to prepayment and pre-arrival organisation
In need of recommendations for things to do, see, and experience? – we are happy to help! Our professional and welcoming staff will support you from the very first contact until your check-out.
With multiple years of experience with groups, we guarantee an efficient check-in, 24/7 reception, and a knowledgeable team eager to provide personalised recommendations based on your needs.
- All-you-can-eat breakfast buffet included in the group rate
- Lunch packets to go upon request
- Dinner recommendations upon request
We serve a delicious breakfast buffet that’ll help you get on your feet before exploring the lively city of Budapest. It’s already included in the price for group bookings.
If you need a little something on the go just let us know in advance and we can prepare packed lunches.
Should you need dinner recommendations we’ll be happy to suggest some nearby restaurants.
Wombat’s Budapest has been awared Most
Popular Hostel in Budapest at the HOSCAR
awards four times!
What else you should know
- We accommodate groups in dorms and offer private rooms only for group leaders
- Group rates are applicable for groups of 15+ people. If you’re travelling with a smaller crowd, please check our availability here
- We accept guests aged 16 or older from September – May and from age 18 from June – August
Note that minors need to be accompanied by an adult supervisor
- Bed linen is included in the group rate (please make your own dorm bed and strip it on departure day)
- Towels can be pre-ordered for EUR 2.- per towel
- We can store your luggage free of charge
- Group rates have limited availability
“Wombat’s” is your friend in the heart of the city. Our groups can go out by night safely and without getting lost. The staff is very helpful… and very patient, believe me :)
For 8 years now, we have been visiting the Wombats Hostel on Király street every autumn and based on domestic and international feedback we have made the right decision. An ideal location for transport, we always find clean rooms, the breakfast is plentiful and impeccable, and af ter returning home in the evening you can still have a drink at the bar. Helpful international, young people at reception. I hear tily recommend it to individual and group visitors to Budapest.
We have stayed in Wombat’s Budapest with out groups many times with more than 1000 travellers accommodated. Every time was better and better with the huge help of their wonderful staff led by
always smiling and helpful Veronika.
Ever y time they went over and beyond to help make our stays enjoyable and as smooth as possible. We had a group of 250 people, but their amazing ef for ts and organizational skills made it look like it a group of 5 people.
The rooms were always super clean and ver y comfor table. The hostel is an attraction itself since it is located in the gorgeous renovated building in the downtown, which you can take advantage of to walk to the cit y’s main sites.
The breakfast was delicious, and the lobby is super nice. I have stayed at dozens of hostels, and this one is the best in Europe for sure!
I highly recommend this hostel for anyone visiting Budapest.