what´s up in Berlin
La siguiente hostal información se encuentra disponible únicamente en Inglés
Big events coming up! / 22.08.2012
A lot of big events are coming up soon:
1. Fantasy Filmfest 2012: 70 movies, consisting of thrillers, black comedies, aniamtions and horror movies, will be shown at CinemaxX Potsdamer Platz and CineStar Sony Center. The festival takes place from the 21.-29. of August and is showing „The Day“, „God Bless America“ and „Ace Attorney“ among others
2. On the 25th of August nearly all museums of Berlin will open for the Long Night of the Museums: more than 100 museums and cultural institutions are giving access to their exhibitions, collections and art objects throughout the night, enriched by a variety of events. There will also be concerts, readings, theatricals and much more. Check http://www.lange-nacht-der-museen.de/ for more information
3. The 12th Travelling Artists Festival will take place from the 30th of August till the 9th of September. 3 stages and more than 30 national and international juggling groups, performers, entertainers and even an arts and crafts fair. Get the magical feeling there and don't miss the acrobatic show on the 8th of September.
4. Just round the corner from the hostel, the 2nd Torstraße festival takes place on September 1st from 2pm until late. In bars and clubs in the neighbourhood there are loads of bands playing. There are all sorts of genres of music to see, with all of the artists being just the 'edgy' side of the mainstream.
5. Also from the 31st till the 5th of September there's Germany's biggest consumer electronics fair. Nearly 1,200 exhibitors from 32 countries will be presenting a comprehensive display of consumer electronics products, but also telecommunications and parts of the IT industry will be there. Check out http://www.ifa-berlin.de/ for tickets!